Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
How to Set Up a CNAME Record in Bluehost
1. Log into your Bluehost account.
2. Select domains, then zone editor, and choose the domain you'd like to have your TrainerCentral site available at.
3. Select Add DNS Record and fill out the following fields:
Host Record: This will be your desired subdomain.
TTL: Leave the default value. It is often 3600, but may be different depending on your account type.
Points To: Enter the URL specified in the Custom Domain section of TrainerCentral (screenshot attached below)
4. Next, select add record to save your CNAME record.
Using a CNAME Record in Hover
1. Log into Hover, and choose Domains from the Your Account dropdown:
2. Select the domain you would like to use to set up your custom URL for your TrainerCentral site. Click on the DNS tab.
4. From there, click on the Add A Record button.
5. In the pop up, select a CNAME record from the dropdown and complete the fields.
Hostname: Your desired subdomain.
Target name: Enter the URL specified in the Custom Domain section.
TTL: leave as the default.
How to Set Up a CNAME Record in CloudFlare
1. Log in to your CloudFlare account and in the top menu, select DNS.
2. Under DNS Records, you will see an option to add a record. Fill out the following
First dropdown menu: Select CNAME
Name: This will be your desired subdomain.
Domain name: Enter the URL specified in the Custom Domain section.
Automatic TTL: You can leave this as the default. TTL stands for Time to Live and simply indicates how long it will take this change to propagate.
Cloud icon: Click this until you see a grey cloud icon. This will ensure it is set to DNS only, which means traffic will not go through CloudFlare.
5. Select Add Record